Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve Day...The Quiet Before the Storm

It's 2010 in Australia already, but still early afternoon here in NYC.  I've sent an e-mail to a number of friends around the U.S. and some foreign countries (China, England, Greece) soliciting from each a photo of their New Year's Eve celebrations.  Most will probably be sedate affairs, dinner at home or at a friend's house (I'm getting old and so are those I hang with...)  Maybe shots of kids and pets.  But one or two may take us by surprise, we'll see. I'll post the best of them tomorrow, but not too early, of course...

I feel obligated to provide a picture with each post (they're boring enough without a photo, I know...) so here's one of my street in Gramercy Park, I took it 30 minutes ago:


  
We had a bit of snow overnight, as you can see, but not much. 

When you start giving the weather report on your blog, you know that you're getting old.  And your post is getting boring.  I'll save the traffic report for another time.  Speaking of which, I have to get moving, I'm heading to my sister's house at the Jersey Shore for the weekend.  

One of the problems with having a blog is that when someone sees your posting, they'll know what you're up to, including why you're late.  It would be tough to fool someone with the standard excuses when they know you were "wasting" time posting. 

I hope my sister doesn't have more snow shoveling for me to do.  The ideal situation would be if I could figure out a way rig up a shovel to the Lucifer-animal known as Sophie the Blog Dog.  I'll work on it and post the results if worthwhile. 

I hope you all have a joyful, healthy and prosperous 2010. 

P.S. As you can see, I'm experimenting with font sizes and colors on this post.  Even a blog entry on a boring topic can be (somewhat) interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LG Report appreciates all comments, thanks for taking the time; Karma will probably award you a winning lotter ticket or something. The "or something" being more likely. But thanks again!