Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve 2009 Revelry


The new year arrived last night at my sister’s Jersey Shore home at 12 am...precisely.  I find that the new year is always very punctual.  It received a fairly low-key reception from about 10 people.

If you read my previous post, you know about my grandiose plan to collect photos of various New Years Eve celebrations from friends around the country (and a few overseas).

It didn’t work out so well.

You might even say that it swirled down the toilet like the remnants of a bad burrito. I only received a few photos. My guess is that everyone was having such a great time partying like Russian Cossacks that they forgot my request. Or, maybe, they just don’t give a crap about my blog’s mission to attract one million followers.

At this point I’d be happy with 20.

There were some pleasant surprises last night. First, our good family friend Martin Scorsese stopped by to say hello. Marty, as we call him, has always been a big New Year’s Eve reveler. Here’s his picture from last night's throw down:
































Here's what he looks like if you Google him:
































You can never really trust those internet photos; they don’t look like the person in real life. Marty grew up in Manhattan and went to NYU, in case you're not his pal, like I am. You can look up those facts on Wikipedia. That’s not, of course, how I learned about him.

When I was a kid, Marty and I rode with a really weird and aggressive taxi driver.  Afterwards, I said to Marty “You should make a movie about a guy like that.” He replied, “Thanks LG, you’re a goodfella.”

I’m not bragging, I'm just telling you how it went down.

You’ll probably get the false impression that I regularly hang out with Hollywood types, but I don’t.  However, shortly after Marty left, our good friend Eugene Levy (of "American Pie" fame) knocked on the door. Here is Gene's picture (friends call him Gene) from last night: .



































If you track down him down on the web here's what you'll find:

























This picture is also misleading. Gene didn’t have his moustache in those days.  I hope you don't think that both of those non-web photos showed my friend Geo in a a cheap dollar store disguise. You know that this blog is above that, so I won't dignify your accusations with a response.

I have some other photos from last night.  Here's Doc, he lives in Boston's Leather District.  Doc was overserved on champagne last night.  It wasn't his fault.  He'll have a hair of the dog in the morning and will be fine before he has to perform surgery on somone's aunt.


This is my friend Dexter (on the left) who lives in L.A. His pal Julian was with him in Scottsdale, where they were partying at the W Hotel.  My guess is that cute women were nearby, but you didn't hear that from me. I would've liked to have seen those babes in this photo too, but beggars can't be choosers.


My godson Luigi is pictured below. He'll be two years old in March and is even cuter in person. Everyone loves Luigi as soon as they meet him. I hope I don't fail in my godfatherly duties. If Luigi were an ugly brat I wouldn't feel so much pressure. No matter what happens, I know I'll teach him some great practical jokes.
 


This is my friend Lee and his awesome wife Elaine. They live in the Orlando area and, apparently, they took my request for a photo seriously, for which I thank them. Lee's been my friend since we were 11 years old, and has suffered many indignities and hardships as a result.  But he's hung in there, hoping, I think, to someday get his picture on my blog.

Today is his lucky day!

Lee could tell you stories of stunts that would've gotten me arrested when they were performed, but I know he won't. Did I mention that he's a great guy?


I'm sure you'll recognize Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper.  They were in Times Square last night. I've lived in New York City for 17 years and have been in Times Square on New Year's Eve exactly...nunce. "Nunce" is a word I invented to mean "never" when someone is expecting you to say "once." Feel free to spread it around. As you can see, this is a picture of a TV screen (the CNN logo on the right probably gives it away).  If CNN sues me for this, I'd be shocked.  I'll bet they've done that nunce before.  This picture is good publicity for their lame broadcast. CNN should hire me for next year's show.


Sophie the Blog Dog, famous the world over, models her stylish 2010 glasses in this photo. She was on her best behavior last night, and didn't bite Martin Scorsese or Gene Levy, thank goodness. I'd hate to be blackballed from the Oscars. Of course, Gene Levy hasn't sniffed an Oscar nomination in his entire career, but he's a good guy.


Hopefully you enjoyed this New Year's Eve recap.  I extend my best wishes to you and your family for a truly terrific 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The LG Report appreciates all comments, thanks for taking the time; Karma will probably award you a winning lotter ticket or something. The "or something" being more likely. But thanks again!