Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Best Wings in NYC

Folks, I didn't go to the Cordon Bleu cooking school in Paris, Texas.  Oh, wait, make that Paris, France. See, I really didn't go there.  

I didn't even attend Hamburger U., McDonald's famous school for burgermeisters.  I'm just an Average Joe consumer.  But I've previously introduced you to the best sushi and pizza in New York City.  Now I'm going to let you in on the secret of the best chicken wings.  Well, among the best anyway.  I haven't tried every single wing joint in this town, but I feel sure that I'm going to turn you on to one of the top spots.

This is Molly's, it's on the east side of Third Avenue between 22nd St. and 23rd St.  Doesn't look like much from the outside, but, then again, neither do you. 

It's what's inside that counts, same as with you (hopefully that last line will keep you from abandoning The LG Report.)  You are very pretty on the inside.

Pete is the owner of Molly's, and his lovely wife, Sheila, is one of the servers.  They are both warm people and great hosts.  Both are from Ireland originally.  Here's a picture of the most excellent wings in action:

The server didn't expect her hand to get into the photo, as she delivered the second shot of bleu cheese, but I'm sure she's quite happy to get some big-time blog exposure.  Like all of the other servers at Molly's, she was very friendly and efficient and her name, which I forget, was Irish sounding.  

This is a great place for burgers, wings, Irish whiskey and most other pub offerings.  Dark inside with sawdust on the floor, it's also a good spot for rendevouzing with a close friend (or illicit lover)  I didn't say that.  

That's it, a very pithy LG Report today, sometimes it's like this.  Enjoy, and get yourself to Molly's for wings and burgers ASAP, and to Luzzo's for pizza and Yama for sushi.  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I am so envious of your time spent and knowledge of NYC. I think I'll stick around and see what else I can learn.

    ReplyDelete

The LG Report appreciates all comments, thanks for taking the time; Karma will probably award you a winning lotter ticket or something. The "or something" being more likely. But thanks again!