LG is somewhat new to the blogging game, but he has picked up on certain universal characteristics and laws of bloggers. One of the common themes seems to be: "Try to get someone else to write your blog for you if at all possible."
Check. LG is on that bandwagon.
So, for today's post, LG came up with three random, nonsensical sentences and asked a blogging friend of his to write a three-paragraph story, using each one of these three sentences as the opening line of a different paragraph.
Your job, dear reader, is to try to figure out which of the five bloggers listed below wrote this very funny and entertaining story based on her writing style, choice of words, etc.
LG is providing the link to each of these blogs (and all are women in case you're wondering about the use of the feminine pronoun) and the author will reveal on her blog that she wrote this story at LG's request (so you'll have to visit the blogs to get the answer).
Here are your five choices:
1. Pearl of "Pearl, Why You Little..."
2. Kate of "Hotdishing"
3. Sandra of "Absolutely Narcissism"
4. Kelley of "Kelley's Break Room"
5. Eva of "Wrestling With Retirement"
Now here's the story, crafted from the three first lines supplied by LG. If you ask LG, and he knows you will, the author did a terrific job of weaving them into a cohesive piece of writing...
1. Maggie stood in front of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyworld on a sweltering day holding Mickey Mouse in a headlock while her three children looked on in horror. Actually, she stood in front of what she THOUGHT was going to be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, an original ride when the park opened in 1971, dressed as a green amphibian in a suit & bowtie holding Mickey in a headlock. When she was at the park last in 1982, it was RIGHT THERE! Now, Winnie the Pooh and his "hunny pots" were where Mr. Toad used to be and she was beginning to become hysterical over it all. All she could talk about for MONTHS to her husband, Mick, and her three kids, Maybelline, Marcus and Milton, leading up to this trip was how fun it was going to be to see Mr. Toad again and now he was GONE! She went to great lengths to keep Maybelline from focusing on Cinderella, Marcus from focusing on Goofy and Milton from focusing on Dumbo just so they'd have a place in their hearts for Toadie and now Toadie was basically dead. Just as Maggie had made this horrific discovery, Mickey's big smiling head came bouncing up with his entourage on their way to a parade. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" was all that could be heard as Maggie pulled herself away from staring in disbelief at Pooh's orange mug, ran toward that huge, rich rodent and wrestled him to the ground. "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MR. TOAD? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MR. TOAD?!"she yelled into Mickey's plastic face. He just kept smiling but a gruff, male teenage voice from inside the gigantic plastic head yelled, "THAT STUPID RIDE WAS CLOSED IN 1998, YA FREAK!" She heard Minnie crying along with Mick, Maybelline, Marcus and Milton, and, before she knew it, she was handcuffed sitting in an interrogation room at the front of the park sobbing like an infant in a dirty diaper without a drop of milk.
Bravo says LG, very well done!
To find out who wrote this masterpiece, visit the blogs listed above. We hope to see you back here again soon, and, as always, thanks for stopping by.