Monday, March 21, 2011

The LG Report's Cutest Pet Contest Kicks Off!

________________________________________________________________________
AT&T just announced that it's buying T-Mobile USA. The deal took weeks to negotiate.  It would've been consummated sooner, but the calls kept getting dropped.
________________________________________________________________________
This is not an actual contestant, but rather a paid celebrity spokesmodel.

The LG Report is happy to announce its Second Annual Cutest Pet Contest!* 

[*Last year it was technically a "Cutest Dog Contest," but this time around we're being more politically correct.]

The winning pet will receive a pet-appropriate gift and/or treats.  Employees of The LG Report and their pets are not eligible. No purchase necessary.  Void where prohibited by law (Note: It's not prohibited anywhere, we just want to sound official.)  

Here are the rules

1.  Please submit a photo of your pet entrant, along with its name and age, to LG727@aol.com by 5pm on Monday, March 28th.  You may also include one sentence describing said pet, any peculiarities/talents it may have and/or why it deserves to win.

2. You may enter as many pets as you'd like as long you submit a separate photo for each. 

3.  Dogs who were entered in last year's LG Report's Cutest Dog Contest are eligible for this year's competition (except for last year's winner, Skipper, who retires a champ), but a new photo must be submitted.

4.  Voting instructions will be provided in the post which reveals the photos of all the entrants (sometime after March 28th.)  

5. Clarification:  Jessee, over at Jessee's Spot,   wrote to LG to say that she doesn't personally own a pet, but that she would like to enter a friend's pet in the contest. We'll allow people to enter pets of family members and friends as long as it's a real pet who they actually "know" and not just a photo plucked off the internet or some animal whose picture was randomly snapped in public.  Please, don't be a pet fraud.      

Here's what some of last year's contestants had to say about the experience:

"I thought I'd be competing against a bunch of bitches, but everyone was really nice."

"The LG Report's contest was awesome.  I was totally stressed at work -- every day seemed like 'Hump Day' -- and the thrill of competing pulled me through."

"It was so fun to meet all of the contestants and to sniff some really nice butts.  I think my pet enjoyed it too."

So round up your photos and send 'em in; a great prize (and international notoriety) awaits the winner!
.
.

15 comments:

  1. i might just have to participate in this one. cuz i've got some cute kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're running this again, Lazarus...the pets are gorgeous and the comments from last year's contestants, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Very funny writing, and what's cuter than a cute pet contest?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I enter myself in this contest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desiree: Thanks much for the comment, but one clarification - the comments last year were actually written by LG, not the pets themselves!

    Bossy Betty: I heard that you were at one time a "Penthouse Pet of the Year" but, unfortunately, no humans are permitted in the contest. Although, if you dress up hubby or someone else in a pet costume, we'll run the picture anyway...

    Thanks for the comments kidz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now what a coincidence - you were at my blog while I was lurking about here catching up on your very amusing posts.
    I haven't got a pet unless you count the two moles that the humane mole catcher just extracted from our garden..a breeding pair no less. They aren't very photogenic though so that just leaves me with Hubby and I don't think he'd beat Bossy Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your posts! You always make me laugh. I don't have a four-footed pet. Does Hubby count? Or my granddogs? I have 2 of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so entering my pooch's picture, because, I know, without doubt, he has what it takes to be: The NEXT... AMERICAN IDOL. (cue electric guitar riff: ba-dunh ba-danh ba-danh ba-danh BAH-----RRRAAAAHHHH).

    What fun!!! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about all of us loyal readers who are petless? Can I send a picture of a cute pet in the general FAMILY? I mean, if I read the rules carefully, #1 could be questionsable, as it says *YOUR* pet. I can't help it if I am a rules follower LG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious post, as always. I can't wait to see the contestants. Maybe one of my cats will join -- though they already compete with each other enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessee: Yes, see the revised rules above. Pets of family members and friends are now allowed as long as you actually "know" the pet. Good point, thanks for bringing it up. PS Your husband's Uncle Chris doesn't count as an eligible pet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok....i'm in......but i am having trouble picking one picture form the hundreds I have taken.....kt

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have kids instead of pets... I think it would be wrong to enter them... not hairy enough?

    The neighbor's dog IS kind of cute when it's not yipping outside at ridiculous hours though...

    hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! As long as there are no bitches, I'm in. I hope people find my son's ugly fish cute! I'll try and have you pics, ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Careful LG don't rile up Chris. I have a pet rock named spot. He's not too friskey, but I still love him. Does he count?

    ReplyDelete

The LG Report appreciates all comments, thanks for taking the time; Karma will probably award you a winning lotter ticket or something. The "or something" being more likely. But thanks again!