Granted, the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show it ain't, but The LG Report is, nonetheless, running its own contest to identify the cutest dog among our readership.
As previously reported, The LG Report subscribes to the philosophy of "Why fight it?" Think about it, that's a good way to run your life.
Readers have been so enthusiastic about sending in pictures of their pooches, that it seems only right to run a contest, with the winning dog receiving a nice bag of dog treats (to be administered at the owner's discretion, of course.)
Sophie the Blog Dog, a renown consumer of dog treats, thinks this is a great idea. Here she's pictured waiting on a treat herself:
Here are the official rules:
1. You can enter one (yes, only one) photo of each of your dogs;
2. You may pose the dog, dress it up in costume, add props, or use any other creative method that you'd like to enhance your photo -- without doctoring it via Photoshop, etc. Also, knowing that you love your dog, we won't mention that you mustn't cause it harm in the photo process (oops, I guess we did just mention that...);
3. Feel free to include any captions that you'd like to appear below your dog's photo (e.g. "Sparky loves to chew electrical cords");
4. All entries must be received by 5pm on Friday, February 26, 2010;
5. To submit your entry(ies), e-mail your dog's photo to LG727@aol.com. Again, only one picture per dog. Include your dog's name and age and your name (first name only is fine, and we don't need your age, you'd lie about it anyway...) along with any suggested caption. Captions, however, are not necessary, we will supply one if you don't;
6. On February 27th or shortly thereafter, The LG Report will post a photo of all the dogs entered in the contest along with guidelines for voting. We will also encourage readers to post comments about the various dog photos. Be nice.
7. Employees of Purina and/or its affiliates are not eligible to enter. There's no particular reason for that, I just thought it sounded good in a contest for cute dogs. And no submitting pictures of Rosie O'Donnell.
Good luck and may the best dog win!
PS A few people have asked about entering their cats. If you don't own a dog, then have at it, The LG Report will accept all entries...